As we become more aware of the harmful ways our everyday items, such as plastic straws, negatively impact our environment and wildlife, there has been a move to more sustainable practices. A lot of this has to do with making the investments in items that do not need to be thrown out. Becoming as waste-free as possible doesn’t need to be difficult but it’s hard to know where to start. Here are the items you can buy to start your waste-free toolkit!
- Reusable water bottle to refill throughout the day
- Reusable coffee cup to ask your local coffee shop to fill your drink in
- Stainless steel straw (with a cleaning tool and travel case)
- Reusable cutlery to avoid grabbing a plastic set at the food court
- Folding reusable bag (so there’s no excuse that you forgot one at home!)
- A few reusable produce bags so you can always grab those ingredients on a whim on the way home.
All these things can be left in your bag at all times so you’re always ready with sustainable alternatives no matter where your day leads you.