- Take the train: try to spend more time at each destination if you can, but when travelling between cities opt to travel by ground when possible to decrease your carbon footprint.
- Throw out less: Use a refillable bottle with local purified water and bring foldable totes in your bag to fill with food or souvenirs while walking around.
- Buy local: Ensure the items you are buying were made by local artisans rather than having been imported.
- Support sustainable organizations: Ask the tour companies, transportation, and hotels what sustainability practices they put in place before booking with them.
- Wash it yourself: Take along some detergent to wash a few items as needed as opposed to sending away for a laundry service.
- Take it with you: Take any leftover soap or shampoos with you from hotels to avoid them getting thrown out between guests.
This is a test that determines how energy efficient your home is. Licensed energy auditors use a blower door test to figure out the level of a home’s airtightness. It is one of the key Read more…